Sunday, April 21, 2019

Found this today.

We had a bit of rain over night, not enough, about 1mm. While it is much cooler I tidied up in the garden and found these nerves flowering under the apricot tree. I nearly fell into the tree trying to pick a couple. This was the best one. The poor apricot is not well, it has gummosis and although we have watered it, and tried to look after it I think it is a bit of a lost cause. We walked on the beach this morning but the tide was coming in and the swells were taking the water high on the beach. Nice and cool though but a bit of wind. I am trying to get on with the embroidery on the baby blanket. Slowly, slowly.

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Those flowers would bring a smile to my face everytime I looked at them. They are my favorite shape and the color on my monitor says they are beautiful. I personally think flowers bring cheerful into the house.
xx, Carol

Hildred said...

The flower reminds me of the lovely scarlet Bee Balm. We had a large block of apricot trees o the orchard/farm, but never heard of gummosis????? My favourite fruit!

Barry said...

P - gorgeous colour - grand to bring it inside to being joy. Go well. B