Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Horrible day.

It is blowing a gale outside, you can't really tell but the tree over the road is being battered. We walked this morning before the wind and rain but wasn't very pleasant. My poor little front garden had a lovely drink. 7 mm but is now drying out again. The orchids inside are doing well, the moth orchid is really fleeing beautifully ad the oncidium I brought back from the Gold Coast is flowering, such a surprise as I really didn't think it would. So pleased. It has just gone very dark and pouring with rain, and it is really quite cold. More wind, hail and rain for cast for tomorrow too. I have been clothing my little angels and another 5 little bodies are ready to be sewn up. So glad we walked this morning.

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I hate the storms we get in the Spring. Each year they seem to be worse than last year's. But aren't we lucky that we have a home to watch them from.
xx, Carol

Robin Mac said...

I am finally getting time to read some blogs again! Love your photos and I am glad you got some rain. We have had a horrible gusty northerly blowing for several days and it blew our Congea creeper right off the roof. thank goodness Dougal was able to help us rope it back up again. One of the main branches is split, but hopefully the creeper will survive, we have had it for over 45 years.