Monday, February 03, 2014

The last week

It has been a week of very hot weather, well into the 40degree C for several days again this week. In my week of stitch you will see a lot of walking, we got up early and walked to make sure we got one in for most days of the week I must say that I did cook, more rattatoui, and did some making of small accordion books but then it got too hot for even that, so I read and slept in between doing only the most important household stuff. We have a much cooler day today but a trip to Adelaide early for John to see the cardiologist ( nothing seems to be too bad but a few more tests,) and home by lunch time! Now it is cooler and all I want to do is sleep. I did manage to indulge myself a bit as P and I went to Premier art supplies who have moved to a closer location and I bought 5 inktense pencils to add to those I have, and some lokta paper. The photos are of the walks on Saturday, very hot and still and Sunday, hot muggy and windy. the papers are full of deaths or hospitalisation from heat related causes. Sometimes I wonder what exactly they are, do people actually go out and try to do things in this heat? I do early morning and evening but try not to go out at the hottest times. A lot of chat about what people are reading, I am going through some of my old who dun its in the bookshelves and at the moment am re reading Arthur Upfields Inspector Bonapart series, Australian bush stories of a half cast aboriginal detective, the stories in themselves are perhaps not that great but his descriptions of the outback and bush people set between the late 1930's and 1960 are I think very true to life. Probably all out of print now (I havent looked to see) but an interesting view of things then as to now. I must have bought a lot of these not long after we were married and it has been interesting to go back and re read the ones I have. We are being told by the weather bureau that the next few days should be cooler and I certainly hope so, but do also feel sorry for those in the northern hemisphere who are enduring floods and snow. I need to get some of my give away presents off, sorry it is taking a while but my excuse is the heat.

2 comments:

Robin Mac said...

Sorry you have been having such horrid weather, surely that has to have been th last of itby now. I hope John's results were all good.

shirley said...

I am enjoying seeing your weeks in stitches. Love the stick figures.
Our heat has abated now, and the weather is much more pleasant although a bit windy. Rain threatens but never appears.
I do hope your hot weather eases soon for you it must be very delilitating for you.