Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My week in stitch

Such a busy week it was too.On Monday I went to a Probus club meeting to see if I was interested in joining, I am still thinking about that.then on Tuesday John and I finally got to go for a walk, they are getting a bit few and far between at the moment. Wednesday we went up to Adelaide to have our hair cuts and came home to find my hen had hatched out two chickens. I havent had chickens for ages and the silly hen, who doesnt know she is only supposed to lay eggs and not go broody is a brilliant mother. Thursday we walked and my frine P came down for the night and I packed to go away. Friday we were up early and off for the 7 hour drive to Halls Gap in the Grampians, arrived safely and settled into our tiny apartment. Saturday was the first day of class, I spun paper into string using a hand spindle, not easy, lots of wild lie but the big sulpher crested cockatoos were very much in evidence, and I was tired so not a lot of stitching got done. Sunday was a full day of doing class stuff and seeing people and generally catching up under the ever present mountains. I am terribly tired after all that as well as yesterdays drive home, saw my first snake of the season this evening, luckily when I shooed it away it went, I am just glad I actually saw it.

4 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Penny, no wonder you are exhausted! You certainly get a lot done. I loved seeing what you did in Velma's class and of course I'm envious that I couldn't meet her too. It must be thrilling doing classes with bloggers from all over the world. Your weekly stitched pieces always make me smile.

Robin Mac said...

You do lead a very busy life Penny, but such an interesting one. Cheers

Hill Top Post said...

So glad the weather in your world is more agreeable now. I was so interested in the paper spinning and thread weaving class. You always seem to accomplish so much...great energy!

Jo Murray said...

Busy, busy, busy. Still, you have done another great week in stitch.