Friday, February 14, 2014

Its raining!

Wonderful gentle rain about 20 ml so far although it is still warm and tropical, I could be back in Queensland. Thank goodness we havent had what Adelaide had, about 70 ml and flooding. John was in Adelaide yesterday and said that getting out of the city was to say the least interesting, the park lands were flooded and so were roads and gutters overflowing. My photo was taken this morning while it was still wet. I have had a lovely time catching up with some of the winter Olympics, cheered Torah Bright on to her silver, she is such a lovely girl with a brilliant smile, and our 18 year old girl who I watched doing a brilliant downhill run, to think that in my day we did the odd bit of down hill and slalom competition, and I have skiied the ladies downhill at the Litzum (spelling? my aged brain cant remember!) in Austria, but not at a racing pace! Those were the days and we were lucky to be able to do it when slopes were less crowded. I have to say that at the end of some of those runs my knees were aching!(Deservedly so as some of my problems come from skiing accidents.) Memories.

3 comments:

Jo Murray said...

Sounds perfect Penny. Love that quiet sort of rain. We could sure use some.

Robin Mac said...

I have been thinking of you Penny, so glad you have had the sort of rain you want. I love watching the winter olympics too - but I think they are all crazy to be doing the things they do, and I wonder what their knees will be like in lated years.

Robin Mac said...

I have been thinking of you Penny, so glad you have had the sort of rain you want. I love watching the winter olympics too - but I think they are all crazy to be doing the things they do, and I wonder what their knees will be like in lated years.