Thursday, April 29, 2010

Kantha Stitch



Today I went to the Melbourne Quilt Show, a long and tiring day but amongst tother tngs I bought this piece of Indian Kantha work, done on scrap silk, first the front and then the back, fascinating.I caught up with Dale and Ian Rollerson and bought some stuff for Dale' new on line class Gilding the Lily that starts next month.
The other piece of fabric is my own version of Kantha work that I have been stiching while I have been away, so much fun to see the different ways the fabric wiggles when you stitch it.
we arrived down here in Melbourne yesterday, after a 6 am start and battled the public transport all the way, the worst was the final bus bit as I couldnt emember which bit to get off at, but the driver did, and wheeling the by then extrememy heavy cases 3 blocks to where our son and his family live.
A lot colder and my new shoes after a day in them are now aching and s are my shoulders from carrying heavy bags.
I was a bit chuffed to win one of Dale's give away bags as I did remember which rugby team she follows.
Probably no more for a day or so as we leave for home tomorrow and arrive home late and will be busy getting over it all when we do arrive home.
I have a foal show on Sunday!!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Alison said...

Wow - what beautiful stitching.

Wanda..... said...

Your stitching is lovely, Penny. You accomplish so much, even on a holiday!♥...Wanda

ArtPropelled said...

Love the Kantha cloth, yours in particular.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Lovely pictures! You are in my neck of the woods, almost. Tomorrow I plan to go up to Melbourne on the train, to see the quilts, also play music on the escalator at Southern Cross and a couple of other things. You are right - it is really cold this week.
Wendy

ELFI said...

incroyablement beau.. quelle patience!

india flint said...

delicious kantha all round