Monday, April 12, 2010

A few photos from the week






Here are some shots taken at the Friday night dinner, in the first photo here is Christine Atkins and Jen Crossley, then Hilary Steel, Estelle Virgen and our teacher Mary Hettmansperger, all enjoying the chat and the meal.
Here we are all singing the Fish head song with Pamela Wade in front wearing a fish head and doing a fantastic job, I am in the back row on the right. No other class put on a performance like we did!
Finally a couple of close ups of some of the pieces I made. One is a copper leaf and tendril and the other encased sea glass doing looping with copper wire. I love the little red drops on the end, they are done in the flame and then into water and they come out this wonderful red.
I have been flat out all day trying to get order into chaos, at least the house is sort of clean, dusted and mopped and vacuumed.
More washing on the line, and a lovely casserole for dinner.
It has become quite cold here overnight and I have been in a windcheater all day and tomorrow I think it will still be cool.
Jill tells me it is hot and terribly humid up on the Gold Coast so I must haul out my summer things, sounds as if we will spend quite a lot of time in and around the pool.
Off for a bit of tv to relax by and then bed I have an early start tomorrow, I am trying to get my TAST2 done for whichever week we were in last week, should be up today but probably wont be.

1 comment:

Jen Crossley said...

What a wonderful week we all had The class was amazing,loved what you made Penny.
Jen
PS so cold here this week glad the retreat was when it was slightly warmer