Sunday, August 02, 2009

A walk and some gardening



This morning I pulled more weeds in the garden, hence the wheelbarrow, but this is the smallest amount I filled, I had another one as well.
I have taken the support off my knee to see how that goes, so we walked this afternoon, not up where I took these photos, this is the Petrel Cove, Kings Beach side of the Bluff and there was a reasonable swell but all the surfers were along at Kings Beach if the cars were any indication.
A lovely sunny afternoon but quite a strong breeze.
We walked for a good 3/4 of an hour along the base of the Bluff and although I was a bit sore by the time we got back to the car it is much better.
Then there is John's fish well his big flathead he got yesterday and a few others in the sink, Oscar is happy as the red ones are red mullet and he is given them.
Oh and an arrangement of pots that caught my eye.

Mark Twain said this:

I have spent most of my life worrying
about things that never happened.

How true.

4 comments:

BT said...

Oh that wheelbarrow is full! Mine always seems to be full too. I love the sea and cliff photos. What a fabulous place.

I'm glad you took the support off your knee and tested it out. I think you should let it rest for a day or so after that walk. Love the pots arrangement.

Rowan said...

How lucky you are to live so close to the coast and that lovely beach. I came to the same conclusion as Mark Twain a few years ago and now try to only worry about things when they actually happen - not always successful in my efforts but much better than I used to be. Hope your knee continues to improve.

Arija said...

I just love Petrel;s Cove, ever since I read 'Paving the Way' I've loved the Bluff and Cove.

We put in two concrete rainwater tanks with flat concrete lids ,this summer and hang the expence! One 15 and the other 17,000 gallons. One down by the shearing shed and the bigger one, since the site was sloping and there was the extra room for height, up at the old jockey's q'ters where we camp. I never want to be as close to running out of water as we were this year again.

ArtPropelled said...

Beautiful coastline. It is not unlike our Wild Coast in the Transkei where my hubby goes once a month with his Angling Club. Drop Shot fishing has taken off in a big way here and the flat head is often caught. Interesting to see John's catch in the sink.