Friday, August 14, 2009

Oscar


He is no longer young and likes to spend a lot of his time asleep inside near the fire.
He moves from favorite place to favorite place this orange cat of mine.
I think he knows we are going away again, and although he doesnt mind the cattery he does not like the large furry flat faced cats that live there.
At least he has an outside run, here he is very polite and asks to go out for 1/2 an hour in the morning and mostly for about that time at night.
It is too dangerous to have an outside cat here in the summer, I lost so many to snakes.
I have been busy, so a short post tonight, and I have found and been re reading Rudyard Kiplings The Two Jungle books, with wonderful illustrations by J. Lockwood Kipling and W H Drake, published in 1926.
I thought I would just do this quote which heads The Kings Ankus and is a jungle saying.

"These are the Four that are never content,
that have never been filled since the Dews began -
Jacala's mouth, and the glut of the Kite,
and the hands of the Ape,
and the Eyes of Man."

No comments: