Saturday, April 26, 2008

Still in LA


here we have John and Lauren and I standing on about the top most bit of The Getty, I know we walked up a lot of inclines to get here and it was hot and thirsty work. A wonderful view of the city below.
The next was of the incredible reflections in the glass in one of the buildings from the central courtyard.
Then an evening view of one of the elephants on top of the Hollywood and Highlands Babylon Court, I now there were at least two of these and some very Egyptian looking frieze along the top of the buildings.
We had the most expensive dinner of our stay here at an Italian restaurant with one course each and a bottle of wine.
And the last is of the incredible roof of the Union Railway station which is where we caught the train part way down to San Diego, and then caught a bus for the rest of the way as they were working on the lines. That was a bit of a muddle but we got there in the end.
Today it has got cold and rained. I went in to do my shopping, I do not normally go on a Saturday and met all sorts of people, the car park in Woolies was a disaster and it took me 2 1/2 hours to get all my shopping done.
I have pulled weeds in the garden and made soup stock and fiddled around, not feeling I am getting any where but I suppose I am.

No comments: