Tuesday, April 29, 2008

In Balboa Park San Diego



One of the buildings in the park the purple stuff along the garden is geranium maderense which flowers here now and in the northern hemisphere in spring, we found so many plants that flower in our autumn flowering in spring. Click on the photos for a larger view. Then a squirrel that let me get really close, they were fun to watch, although John tells me I may have got more than I bargained for here. The Spanish village where there were all kinds of artists and their work, fascinating, I could have spent more time there. and the "dragon" outside the wonderful Mengei museum oh and I seem to be in the background too. This was a museum for usable stuff, or in a way a folk museum. We got there almost on closing and raced through it which was a shame. A couple of really interesting exhibitions on.
I will talk more about that in a later post. I am rushed for time tonight and the internet has been slow here. I thought I had edited some of these photos but obviously I havent.
Beading tonight and Adelaide to see Mummy tomorrow. John is still not feeling terribly well but is refusing to see a Doctor, says he isnt bad enough. Men!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Lovely to see all your photos - it's so easy to forget that there's a whole world out there. Indeed what a delight Millie looks. My Forum efforts are on my blog now.

Downunderdale said...

wow Penny - it looks like you had a great time - Dale