Monday, September 17, 2007

TAST Rice stitch and Dendrobium speciosum



The first photo is of the magnificent Dendrobium Speciosum (which has probably had another name change!!) flowering in a pot in a tree outside my kitchen window. It doesnt seem to like our harsher climate than the one it grew up in, on the east coast of Australia, and this year we had quite a few frosts so I think it must be just high enough and with the house and tank behind to stay warmer.
The other is my TAST challenge for this week, rice stitch and as I am not much of a fan of cross stitch, probably because I cant see the threads to count them I was surprised that I quite liked doing this one.
I notice I left a needle in it when I scanned it.

2 comments:

Doreen G said...

I really like this sample Penny

Anonymous said...

Drove me crazy trying to find the needle!....*L*