Monday, September 10, 2007

Fiona the flat fairy


I am having a skin cancer surgically removed from my nose later this afternoon so I am posting this early.
This is Patti Culea's flat fairy that I went to do in Adelaide over a week ago and I sat and finished her off yesterday, she was fun to do but instead of doing proper wings I used the Angelina I had left over from her top as wings and then had some left so ut them on her shoes and a bit around the top of the tyvek on her skirt, so she is all sparkly and fun.
We had a few showers this morning and the temperature is a more respectable early Spring Temperature although we had a lot of wind in the night.
I have cut out the hearts for the little cot quilt I am attempting to make, but that is as far as I have got. I want to hand sew the hearts on so it will take me a while to get around 14 hearts.
I am also trying to finish the embroidery on the cot blanket, that still has a way to go, so what with the big doll of Patti's I would like to get on to I am busy. I did dye some lace today wanting a tiny bit of colour but there is a lot of beading to get done and that will take me a while and other things are a bit more important.

3 comments:

Krishna said...

Dear Penny,
I think we have met on another list. Your work is beautiful. Keep it up.
Krishna

Krishna said...

Hi Penny,

RainbowSpun, is a product made by Pellon, I believe it is quite similar to lutrador, it comes in gold, purple, blue and green. It is a light weight. I bought this in Spotlight, and am now stocking it. I have never seen lutrador, but others say it is similar.



Krishna Ellis

Sawtell

Australia

0431 623 347

http://feltique.blogspot.com/

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5109626

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny
Your little flat fairy turned out really well..
Iloved those little 'crystal' brads that Patti used on her doll - wonder where you can get them in Adelaide. Maybe the scrapbooking places. Will let you know if I find any.
Cheers Christine