Saturday, August 18, 2018

Ysterday and today.

The weather over the last few days has been interesting. Very cold, winds that blow straight through you and damp. Yesterday because it looked like a nice day to start off with we headed up to McLaren Vale and surrounds to see some more of the SALA exhibitions ( South Australian Living Artists) and although the wind came up and so did the rain we had a lovely morning calling in to about 6 or 7 art spaces. They are held in shops and wineries. Lovely stuff to see and we ended with a coffee and cake at the visitors centre before heading home for a late lunch and a snooze. Very tiring for oldies like us. This morning we just beat the rain in a walk along the cliffs from the Kings Beach car park towards Deps huge waves roaring in, not to talk about freezing winds and big clouds that looked as if they had at the very least hail in them. Nice to get home and warm up. We had gone to the market early and I bought a couple of plants and some fish. Caught up with some old friends too. Now I am hoping to get some sewing done, unless I have a small sleep first. What a life.

3 comments:

Catsngrams said...

Sounds like a very pleasant day. I wish we would get some rain or anything but sun and hear. My yard looks the worst it has ever looked. Nothing can stand our heat. Send some rain to us.
Cat

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Here in Northern Indiana we are wishing for cooler days and less humidity. We are headed for one of the top 5 hottest years on record. I remember when I used to relish this kind of weather. For me, that is the worst part of getting older.
xx, Carol

Penny said...

Heat is not something I like either but we have been just a bit colder than I like as well here, we are lucky and have had some reasonable rain, but other parts of Australia have been without rain for months. Really worrying.