Saturday, December 16, 2017

Yesterday

We called in to get some absolutely luscious cherries yesterday on our way to lunch, I dont think they will last until the Island some how. I am making another, the last I think, Christmas cake. It is heating up again. On the way home from lunch we took one of the back roads, I love the fact that perhaps I live in the town now but I can still access the roads I have known for years. This was on the way home from friend R who lives at Ashbourne. I dont get to see her nearly as often as I should, it was a lovely lunch.

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I am glad to read this post. You mentioning that you are able to easily visit familiar roads is very comforting. I'm not sure that I would do as well as you if I had to leave this home where I have lived since 1976.

They say you can never eat just one potato chip. Well, I can. But a cherry, or a grape? NEVER. It doesn't surprise me that you enjoyed yours on your drive.
xx, Carol