Thursday, December 28, 2017

This mornings photos.

After a few tiring days just a few photos from around and about. The weather has been rather difficult. Hot and humid. We are still working out how to keep this house at a decent temperature, it is a bit of a hot box and I really don't want to keep the air conditioner on. The farm house always cooled down quickly AR night, this one doesn't. We had a lovely day yesterday at McLaren Valae celebrating Johns fishing mate D'Arry Osborne 91st birthday. Too much food and possibly too much to drink. I didn't do the tour of The Cube as I get claustrophobic, a shame but too many people, better to sit and wait. We seemed to get quite a few cards this year, now letters to write as I didn't quite get around to cards. I found this year rather a struggle. Found this alstromeria flowering, I don't think it ever flowered at home and the resident ? Can't remember er it's name, is flowering. Struggling to find room for boxes of clothes I have finally opened. Now it is summer my winter stuff is no use but I do seem to have a few more summery things I can get into thank goodness.

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love the greens on the left side of the last picture. I planted something similar in the rocks around the pond this past summer. I hope it winters well as our temps are in the minus single digits at night right now. I never seem to get Christmas Cards sent. I usually get caught up on that when I send Valentines. I think as I get older I lose interest in doing more of that kind of thing and procrastinate myself right out of past traditions.

My grandson was kidding me the other day and told me to go do whatever it is that I do. In reality I do whatever I WANT to, lol. I raised a brat and I love him dearly and he loves me as well.

Happy New Year. Hope you find a way to cool off, while I find ways to stay warm!
xx, Carol