Thursday, June 27, 2013

A few things from Bali


I am doing this under some pressure, still in pain, mostly manageable but nights are bad pretty boring on the whole, John insists I am moving better but it is up and down.
I thought last nights change of PM would keep me interested but really, cant we just have an election, a recycled PM is not what we need. The ego's of these people is to be seen to be believed.
Enough!!
These pieces are mostyt ikat weavings, the top one with the animalistic figures caught my eye when we went to the big ikat weaving place.
The next one was a rather lovely, fine, I think silk one I bought up in the mountains, the photo doesnt do it justice.
The next is a really lovelt batik I bought in the place where we watched them making these, using a very heavy cotton or hemp/linen fibre.
This one day will go on my bed.
Finally some Bali silver, a sweet pair of ear rings, a delicate ring that I love and a coral and silver ring.
click or double click to enlarge.
The power is supposed to be off today so I am doing this in a hurry, more in a day or so.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

So very lovely! everything!

Julie said...

so happy to see you back home again, penny. i am typing with dog in one arm so no capitalizing for me! all of your bali photos are so neat! i adore ikat designs! that must have been the greatest tour to see that whole process! get all healed and moving good, ok?
xoxo- julie

Hildred said...

Oh I am so envious to see that beautiful ikat weaving, Penny. Do hope you feel better soon.

Robin Mac said...

It will get better, Penny, so hang in there. Lovely things from Bali, you must have had a superb tour. Cheers

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Best wishes for a good recovery, and take your mind off your knee to think about beautiful things like the ikat weaving. Our plan for a trip to Tonga has to wait until my physio's exercises for me start to show results and I can walk without a limp.

shirley said...

Hope as each day passes your pain will recede, and soon you will be walking along your wonderful coastline....like a spring chicken perhaps? Good luck with your recovery.

ArtPropelled said...

Lovely to see your Bali treasures. Take it easy Penny. I hope you feel a lot better soon.