Saturday, March 07, 2009

A small quilt and this mornings photos



I saw a gorgeous idea in the latest Quilting arts in which the author had used stitch to embellish, and quite highly embellish small quilts and as I want something to take away with me I made this today. It is a bit rough but I will see what I can transform it into.
We were up early this morning, in to the market where I bought some goats meat to try, then a walk around the road along the base of the Bluff. We havent been there for ages and I didnt think we would see a seal but a very busy one appeared, too fast for me to take a photo.
It was damp and very overcast with a big swell so of course a photo, the cottage is the original Rumbelow cottage that was moved many years ago to be part of the original Whalers Haven and the center piece of a small museum. I am not sure what it is used for now.
It is a shame it is still not the small settlers cottage museum it was.
Sarah rang me this morning to tell me that we had won the Champion ridden stallion at the National Welsh Show in Victoria, and won the Section A stallion class and won the National Welsh leading rein with the mare so they have been doing well.
I wish I was there. Here I am getting very tired doing the feeds!

No comments: