Thursday, February 05, 2009

Playing with silk



I have been pretty busy today, all the mundane things like ironing and washing and a bit of cleaning, cleaning is not my forte, I only do it when I have to.
So the first one is a wisp of silk, a skeleton leaf and some glitter stars put between two pieces of vliesofix and the second which I love is silk cocoon strippings on a moulding mat with moonshadow mists. I love this one with the turquoise showing through.
It is going to be hot in Adelaide tomorrow and a bit but not much cooler here so the best laid plans ...
It is our 50th wedding anniversary on Saturday and we were going to the Hilton tomorrow and Saturday night, but now with the heat extending in to the Saturday, 43 degrees for Adelaide tomorrow and hot north winds, we couldnt leave as there is such a fire danger.
But we do have Saturday night which is THE night and Sunday to explore a bit, not the market as its not open on Sunday but perhaps a Chinese eatery which that area is famous for. We have booked a table at the Brassierie at the Hilton for Saturday night, we were going to explore the town but as we may not get up until late better to have some where booked on a Saturday night and I do love the chef there.

2 comments:

Doreen G said...

Congratulations on your 50th Anniversary Penny I hope you have a great day.
I will have my 48th Anniversary this year--gee how time flies.
I love the stamped piece of silk paper it looks great.

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Have a lovely anniversary - it's a special day indeed.
Yeah, the weather is warming up again here for tomorrow. We are going to a barbecue tonight but don't know if it's allowed or not. Otherwise we'll have to cook inside.
W.