Thursday, January 01, 2009

Yesterday and today





When we walked yesterday we watched the Yvonne catamarans racing in the bay, I think it was The National championships, I remember when the Yvonnes were fist introduced here many many years ago.
Then a crab who was very embarrassed when I took his photo and finally this morning the
Queen of the night cactus that has been scrambling in a tree for years and never flowered has finally flowered.
We had a lovely night with friends last night, a great dinner and we watched the fire works from their house going from Hindmarsh Island around to Victor making a great spectacle.
Today I have cleaned the house, washed as we found a leak from some where that had wet towels in the cupboard, annoying.
We have more drinks to go to tonight which I had forgotten about and family arriving as well.
Hope my knee holds up.

3 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Such lovely photos, but the one that truly grabbed me was the one of crabs on the beach -- I thought you had tossed around tatted pieces to enhance the crabs! It is so pretty! Thanks for sharing.

annie said...

What a beautiful flower the Queen of the Night Cactus is, Penny. I have never seen one nore heard of one. Thank you for sharing it.
annie3

Anonymous said...

Interesting flower, worth the wait I think and the colours of the sails are so pretty.