Monday, December 29, 2008

Kangaroo Island re visited



I have done nothing since I came home but wash and clean, the washing still isnt all done and I have done some of the cleaning.
Spent most of the afternoon in Victor, first with the Physio who had another go at my knee, a few more of those will be needed, and then supposed to be in to see the Dr for a routine after blood test at 3 and it was nearly 4.30 before I saw him and by the time John had had his driving test overhaul it was well after 5.30 and still some shopping top be done.
So home late, chooks and dogs to be fed, a meal to be prepared so I thought a few more Kangaroo Island photos would cheer me up, dont know about who ever follows this blog!
The first two were taken at Pennington Bay on Christmas afternoon and then one taken when we went to look at the Billygoat falls, I need to go back to those photos and fix some, dont you love this Yacca? We call them blackboys (because of thier skirt and the fact that when they flower the flower stalk is tall and thin and black after the small flower have finished) but these days that is politically incorrect, but then I always was!
Then two on the Playford Highway going towards Cape Borda. This was where we saw some of the loveliest areas of native flora, and in flower which was late as most plants here flower in Spring.
I am reading a book set in Kangaroo Island that I bought while I was there, I am not terribly impressed with the way it is written although the story itself is ok. I think it was probably self published and for the American market as the Australianisms are a bit much and cringe making, any way it is called Beyond Passion which should have warned me off and is by some one called Tony J Boyle. I think he needed a good editor.

3 comments:

Doreen G said...

Kangaroo Island looks like a lovely place Penny I must visit there if and when we make it to SA again.
I have finished my TIF Crazy Patchwork book--have all the pages together and it looks good.
It's on my blog at present if you want to take a peek.

Unknown said...

Love seeing all of the photos of your Christmas Holiday! Millie is sure growing!! Happy New Year!

Robin Mac said...

I love the photos, interested to hear you call blackboys yacca, in Queensland they have always been blackboys (or now grass trees!) or Zamias - just another difference between the states I suppose. Hope your knee gets better soon. Cheers, Robin