Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Looking out over Ballarat

I am home from Victoria safe and sound although extremely tired. A day of driving and then we walked in the botanical Gardens there, lovely but a worry with the water restrictions they are having. Then the day judging at the Ballarat and Central highlands Welsh Youngstock show. The ground was very bare and dry, lovely big oaks around the grounds for the competitors to get under but very hot out in the ring for judges.
I think we did a good job, although neither Robyn or I could agree on our yearling champion and had to get someone else in to do it.
We then went out to Bunyong to Stephen and Jane Wiltshire's property to see his ponies and have dinner, not organised until the finish of the show as Stephen was going home! This is the view they see from actually a bit lower down than their house site. Ponies down the hill and then the plains and Ballarat far below. They had snow a few days ago. They have some lovely ponies.
We had a great night and then had to find our way back to the motel in the dark. Thank goodness the door we couldnt open after we had locked it in the morning had been opened for us so we could get in as it was well after 10.30 by the time we got back.
Yesterday was a long but uneventful drive home but it was tremendously hot, and fires around. I couldnt believe Victor because when I got there it was 20 degrees and at home it was 30 and very windy but we had gone through 38 in some places. The house was stinking hot as John has not been at all well and of course the cover was still on the airconditioner on the roof and poor man he had to get up to organise it. I dont think he knew what temperature he was but I couldnt bear it. I actually met him in Victor having just been to the Dr to get some antibiotics and he is definetly not at all well so was actually very pleased to have me home. Trouble is my feet after being on them all day on Sunday are killing me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Penny, you must paint a picture based on this great photograph. I can just imagine what you could do with the light, shade and patterns of the landscape. Love your work.