Saturday, May 20, 2006

Waterholes, sketch and photo



The sketch is not of the waterhole that is in the photo, I think I took the photo while crossing the Carnarvon Creek for the I dont know how many times, 20 odd up and again back again, the one I sketched is supposed to have platypus in it but when I went the first time inlate morning and painted I saw nothing, in the evening I saw some bubbles that could have been one, and got eaten alive by midges (they loveme). I had trouble defining the cliff and hill behind the pool, there were odd palms and trees and shrubs growing out of the rock which then merged into brown hillside. The odd many armed shrub is a macrozamia (not sure of my spelling) which were around when the dinosurs were. These were tiny paintings as I didnt have much decent watercolour paper with me. Any way as I only did about three actually painted sketches I had to fit this one in somewhere.
My daughter is home and feeling better, so a decision has been made and we fly over to Pt Lincoln on Monday afternoon and will come home Saturday night, so John will get 5 days of fishing in so long as the weather holds, looks ok at the moment.
I have organised with a neighbour to drive the toyota tray top and my eldest granddaughter can put out the feeds with her. Now to organise Oscar back into the cattery and do more washing and sort out fishing type clothes.
So probably two more blog entries and I will be off again.

1 comment:

Teri said...

What a very pretty and interesting part of the world. I love your little watercolor sketch.