Thursday, May 18, 2006

Carnarvon Gorge sketching



Well we are home from Queensland. So much to say and I am so tired I cant do it. I did these two at Carnarvon Gorge in Central Queensland, a wonderful area of rocks and running water, aboriginal cave paintings, palms and other trees. I did not do them justice but had fun, but not a lot of time. I took so many photos because we seemed to be on the go the whole time. walked 25 km the first day and I stayed put the next, I know my limitations, the others walked up a high bluff the next morning, not for me.
I will post more sketches but all in all we arrived on the Gold Coast, Queensland on Tuesday afternoon, left for Roma early Thursday morning, and then on to Carnarvon for 3 nights, Emeralds and the gem fields, Longreach and the Stockmans Hall of Fame, Charleville and saw the stars and planets through a 12 inch telescope, Toowoomba and back to the Coast for a few days.
A great two weeks, will elaborate more in the next few days, I hope.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hi Penny,
Glad you enjoyed your time here - I recognised your Carnarvon Gorge pics straight away! Well done. It is well worth going to see, isn't it?
Jen

Lin said...

WELCOME BACK, Penny!!!! LOVELY painting and news!!!

Sue Seibert said...

Good job. I particularly like the watercolor. My, those trees are huge.

Anastasia said...

great sketches!! Hope u had a great time