Sunday, May 28, 2006

Photo and painting at Coffin Bay



My painting was done from the same spot as the photo, you really cant see the sand hills in the photo but they are there, the light kept changing, any way I only managed one morning and three watercolours while we were at Coffin Bay, (which is about a 9 hour drive but only 35 minutes by plane on the Eyre Peninsular in South Australia - we flew, very civilized) it turned into a very social occasion for us girls while the fellows were out fishing. We ate well too, fresh oysters, fresh fish including whiting, they bagged out most of the time and when I wasnt out wining and dining I walked a lot and sewed and knitted a lot.
I will fill in a bit more tomorrow but as usual have come home tired, with washing done and house to clean, ponies and dogs to feed and tomorrow I go to a 2 day painting class!!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Penny, I love this painting, it is beautiful!

Penny said...

Nice painting of the water Penny -- (from the "other" Penny in US)!