Friday, July 16, 2021

It's winter and my arthritis aches

Pots by the front door. I liberated some geranium cuttings from the school we were staying in at the last Fibre school I was at,not happening any more I am afraid. They look so nice together. I have to have a pot of pansies and violas with their little cat faces at this time of the year, it is winter here, cold and windy and at last wet. I am not exactly enjoying myself, can't get stuck into anything. I really am fed up with aching. Still I have things to do, a doll to stuff, a badger body to knit, head is done, and sketching to do. Trouble is my hands ache. I had my eyes checked yesterday and was told I was doing well for my advanced age and the fact I am diabetic, I did confess to not doing as much and feeling tired a lot. Still I am doing better than my older sister who has had 5 days in hospital with severe anemia and heart failure plus a few other things found on the way. She sounds remarkably cheerful.I don't think I will walk today but hope we can get out for a drive. This wretched covid is out of control again in NSW and Victoria so borders are closed again. I really don't know when we will see the Victorian family and if we will be able to travel if and when the borders open again. We are both finding things get a bit much at the moment. Thank goodness we have the house for another 12 months, and we have both had our 2 covid jabs, not that means a lot at the moment.

No comments: