Saturday, November 16, 2019

All a bit disturbing.

I I'd this little painting last week while listening to the latest on the worrying fires on the east coast. Having lived through a lot of bad fires in my life, but luckily not been burnt out, I still find bad fire days disturbing, in our younger days on the farm John was often out fighting them leaving me to look after things at home. Always watching for smoke and feeling rather helpless. Now we live in the town but still close to paddocks and as I get older the more worried I become. So stupid. At least for the moment the weather is cooler, although another very hot day is for cast for next week.

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I can see why you would be a bit worried. My grandson is in Los Angeles and we hear on the news about the fires that surround LA. Through all of it he has only seen smoke one time. I was surprised because his apartment is on the 13th floor of his building. I think he is more worried about earthquakes. Not that he would be in one, but that he would be separated from his family should one occur.
Best Wishes. Be safe.
xx, Carol

Barry said...

Hi P - I think fires and climate change are worth being disturbed about. But stay safe. B