Sunday, March 03, 2019

Such a tiring few days.

We have finally had a cool change but it has been overcast and muggy, although a lot cooler than the over 40 degrees of the few days before that. The sea has been calm, or a bit choppy, the gum tree by where we park to walk on the beach is flowering, but I think perhaps it got a bit heat affected. My pots by the front door survived thank goodness although I have been out very early watering. The funeral was good, although in a very hot church, there were fans but they didnt do much in a full church. As John was speaking he was in the front while I sat behind him, watching in horror as the white shirt he was wearing picked up a great brown area from his sweat and whatever they cleaned the pews with. Those speaking did a brilliant job, I loved Mary referring to "My Alex" and Johns bit about the fishing trips was really well done. We will always remember the 40 plus degree day, and our dear friend. I dont cope will with these very hot days so have been a bit slow over the last few days. Our walk this morning was so lovely with a cool breeze. It5 is past my nanna nap but had to get this done while John is having his. Now for the Gods above to give us some rain.

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Terry and I were just talking about how the weather governs our days as we have entered "the Golden Age". Too cold- stay in. Too Hot- stay in. Sunny and pleasant- ENJOY! Sadly there are not as many ENJOY days than stay in days. Right now the next two days will set records for the coldest HIGH temp on record for the next two day...single digits. I need a few sunny warm days. I love your flowers. They won't start selling our annuals until the end of April here.
xx, Carol