Sunday, May 20, 2018

Autumn is here, Raywood Nursery.

This morning John and I drove over to Raywood nursery at Delamere, along the peninsula but down in a gully with huge gum trees and lots of wonderful trees turning equally wonderful colours. I cant remember when we last went there, I think when we had a very new garden and were trying to get plants that would grow for us. I am afraid in those early days our garden was very different to the one I left. Hot and dry with deep sand soils, Raywood is in a gully with huge native gums and a much cooler climate on the whole. I wasnt allowed to buy but I saw a couple of things I would like and I hope I will be back. I miss my camellias and I can grow them in pots. It was a lovely time to have a wander some things were absolutely glowing. I have been feeling rather down at the moment, a couple of good friends are not well, one is dying in horrid circumstances, too far away for us to see, I have still got this wretched cough and not feeling 100% but this morning was a bit of a help. The weather has changed, it is unremittingly grey, cold and grey. We did have a good 20mm of rain but not a lot of other places had it. It was lovely to see green paddocks and lambs this morning. I dont want to do much but at least we found my box of art and craft books yesterday, I have been looking for them for ages. Now to find somewhere to put them.

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I vowed I wouldn't buy any more plants for the pond area, but I could not resist buying a Poppy. I cannot grow Poppies (through no fault of mine) and I love them so much. A couple of years ago I planted 10 that got trampled when Corey put a window air conditioner in his room. After I bought the one plant, I went back for more but there are none. I'll be taking a trip to my favorite nursery in June when there will be plenty to be found. In the meanwhile, I'll be waiting for sunny days to pull the weeds that are growing wild. So far, this is a terrible Spring that came far too late and has FAR too many rainy days. Wish I could send some to you. Hope that cough leaves you soon.
xx, Carol