Monday, April 02, 2018

Yesterday coming home from Pt Willunga, todays walk.

We had lunch yesterday with friend P and her son at Pt Willunga. Not a long day as we were all tired but lovely to catch up. On the way home I took photos out of the car window showing the coast around Sellicks beach. This morning was cooler and a bit windy so a walk along the cliffs by Petresl's Cove, a lovely walk and this singing honey eater was obliging enough to sit and let me take its photo. My little camera doesnt do very good birds.

2 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I love your photos - so very different from the countryside here.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I grew up in a town on Lake Michigan in Indiana. (one of the 5 Great Lakes in Northern America. I'm not sure what you know of the USA). When I was young, before Super Highways were built in our area, we used to drive along a two lane highway that traveled along the coast. We also walked along the shore line as far as we could go before the shore disappeared into rocks, and then walk back. It was MILES and took all day really. I miss those days. Now the people that own homes along the shore have filed a suit to claim the shore is THEIRS and the public has no right to be on it. Our Supreme Court says no they don't. A victory I am happy was won.
xx, Carol