Sunday, August 27, 2017

I have been playing.

This little rascal has been my saviour over the last day or so. One of the very talented NZ doll maker Jill Maas ittle fun doll. This is my first and there will be others. This really was just to see how she went. I had to fiddle with her legs as the first wire I used wasn't strong enough, but too strong for my arthritic hands so John twisted them and in doing so gave her rather big feet. Then I got glue on her dress, so found the fancy beaded flower. I added the ribbon and now I think she is finished. If I could judt find the calico I must have packed away there would be more on the way. Love them. We went in to walk the beach this morning very cold and although low tide a strong swell on the southerly. Glad to get home to a hot coffee.

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well, it never fails. If you pack something away, you'll want to use it. Love your little doll. I love Jill Maas patterns. Gosh she has such creative ideas. I'm wondering how the house offers shook out. Any that were suitable?
xx, Carol

Robin Mac said...

She is so cute, I am glad that John was able to come to the rescue with the wire. Arthritic hands are no fun.
How is the packing going? Have you got a contract yet?