Monday, March 06, 2017

Very cool morning walk

Not many on the beach this morning, daylight saving should have finished by now but I think we have about 3 weeks left of the wretched thing. Dark at 7 am this morning. I am having lunch for my sisters birthday at my friend P's place tomorrow, her actual birthday isnt until the 9th but we have hair cuts and 2 trips to town in a week isnt on. I have made a cake and an impossible pie, will sort a salad to take as well, I am not used to cooking like this any more, I am very tired and my feet really dont like me being on them for most of the day. Nothing fancy but I hope it is all ok. Loved the sea weed on the beach this morning. lovely shapes and the water over the reef was so clear, very low tide again so it is fun to photograph the shapes of weed, rocks and ripples. The two adult and the fledged chick hooded plover were on the beach again this morning. Always nice to see them.

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I HATE DST. Our legislatures have placed us in a different time zone a few years ago. Add DST to the mix and we in the summer we have dark mornings but it's broad daylight as late as 10 at night. They say it gives families more time to spend together in the evening and more time for working people to hit the golf course in the evening. I'm glad I don't have any little ones that I have to convince it's bed time when the sun is still shining brightly.

I grew up in a beach town and always loved walking the shoreline to find whatever the tide brought to the sand. All too often it was dead fish, lol.
xx, CArol