Wednesday, April 16, 2014

To Ballarat and home for Fibre Arts Australia

I arrived home yesterday after a wonderful but extremely tiring few days. It is about a 7 to 8 hour drive, more if we stop and op shop as we did on the way home. When you arrive it is non stop all day, from about 6 am to at least 9 pm and in some cases even longer if you are younger and want to party! We made little carraiges first, wood and varnish etc and then little houses, in my case a very little house as my machine embroidery skills are not brilliant and I found the height of the tables and chairs gave me a hck of a back ache by about midday, its old age and the body falling in a heap but I did manage to get everything to the put together stage now I am home. Mine is the little red house in the first photo, then our wonderful teacher Christine Atkins demonstrating one of the houses she had partly made, such a lovely person. we had a fun class but it really was very full on. We have an exhibition of all the classes on the last evening. I wont put up others as I dont have permission. On the way home we stopped in to look at this place, we have passed it so many times, the fellow who runs it uses reclaimed wire and you name it, he makes it from it, this is a not very good photo of the 'thing' he has on his roof. It truly was amazing and great fun. We did op shop on the way home, I didnt buy a lot but a few bits that I will use, I am doing Samantha Bryan's fairy class next year, she does such glorious stuff and having seen her class I was so glad I managed to get in. it was fully booked and there had to be a ballot. I did buy some books and have a great one , not the latest but with a lot of useful knitting stuff in it by Loani Prior, she is such a nice person and I just didnt manage to catch up and get her to sign my book, damn it! The one I have is called Really wild tea cosies, I hope I have time this winter to do some fun knitting. I have now put 2 loads of washing on the line, more or less unpacked and hope to catch up on my week in stitch soon, at the end I really didnt have time, but I found some wonderful hand dyed threads from Cottage garden threads, I would have loved more but again, ran out of time. Off to have a small rest!!

No comments: