Friday, March 14, 2014

Walking and stitching

I dont know where the days or the time has gone. I seem to be back to the normal flat out me. Having just seen my GP who tells me my insulin levels have gone up I need to lose the weight off my tummy and sorry I gave you cortisone so that is why you have said tummy and to walk an hour a day. Who is he kidding? I have given up alcohol, no snacks, eating boring food and after I have walked 1/2 an hour my knee doesnt like me and nor does the rest of this tired old body. All so depressing. John has to have a hip x ray, that will be the next thing. Stop moaning woman, you are alive and I did lose 2 lbs this morning, but I bet it has gone on again! So I have been making these great fabric boxes that are rather addictive, oh dear my brain has gone to mush and I cant remember who put them up with the link but if you google fabric containers I think they come up. The little mermaid is my version of Salli Lampi's one we did at Coffs Harbour, I gave her a fabric face instead of a paper clay one. I am in the throes of making another one. So yes I am busy, went to Adelaide yesterday briefly, hoping to have my sewing machine given the once over before Ballarat, I didnt know I had to book it in, never have before, but now it goes back just before we go and I will hopefully get it before we leave, its all go. We have been walking but honestly it is only about 1/2 an hour, we dont have time to waste an hour, I do walk down to the stables most days and it is up hill on the way back, that may help, and more medication!!! We have friends coming to stay on Monday, an election tomorrow(State) and the house is a tip, out to dinner tonight which might be nice, its for Johns old school sometimes they can be pretty boring but it is a new venue so with any luck the food will be ok. Better go and do some more shoving of things in rooms I can close the door on.

4 comments:

Jo Murray said...

Whew!...sounds like you need to slow down Penny. It's not a race to the finishing line. Love those boxes...and the dollis so cute.

CATHY DANIEL said...

Penny, I am exhausted just reading your post! The little boxes in the top picture are just beautiful - I haven't seen anything like them before. (I should get out more, as they say!!) xCathy

Robin Mac said...

The boxes were on Suztat's blog - I copied the link, but haven't made any yet. You have a very punishing schedule, no wonder you can't walk for an hour - I can;t either, but I am getting closer to it as far as the body is concerned, but no spare time! Interesting election. Cheers.

Gwen Buchanan said...

I could never keep up with you Penny!!! I love those boxes.. They must have been fun. I'm going to have to look up the pattern!!