Monday, May 20, 2013

Birds

 The last few days U have been taking photos of the local bird life. Some not as well as I would like but here is a collage of them and some coastal mallee flowers thrown in as well. I walked down to the point this morning and took photos and collected a few plant specimens to draw.
Here are my birds, I think the first one is a new holland honey eater but I couldnt quite make it out. Seagulls in the water, pelicans fighting over the remains of fish, an unidentified duck, a pair of very raucus Pacific gulls who landed close to where I was sitting on the point.
a lovely Pt Lincoln (Murray ring neck) parrot who came to check us out this morning and a grey heron who was fishing in the shallows.
Oh and I nearly forgot the red wattled wattle bird. Beautiful weather, just right for sitting on the balcony in the sun and not doing much.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jo Murray said...

We are so lucky to have such an abundance of native birds. I love the ones that visit me too.