Sunday, February 27, 2011

I have been out and about


The first photo is of a very simple and delicious pie I made for odd moments over the week end, when one has friends staying and you are not sure of any ones movements, this with a salad is rather nice.
It is called an Impossible Pie

It said I bunch of english spinach washed chopped and wilted in 1 teaspoon of oil, I only had baby spinach and it didnt look enough so I added 2 small brown onions and a leek to 1 clove of garlic and cooked those seperately, I placed the cooked spinach and onion leek mix with 1tbsn chopped fresh dill, 1 cup of shreded tasty cheese and 100 gms of fetta which was crumbled into the base of a well greased 4 cup capacity pie dish, then whisked 4 eggs and 1 1/2 cups of self raising flour together, which was a bit lumpy and then slowly added 1 1/2 cups of milk which I poured over the spinach mix. Baked for 30 to 35 minutes in a mod hot (here 180 degree C fan forced oven) until risen and lightly browned. Yumm, I think I did add a bit extra salt and some ground black pepper, but it is amazingly tasty and easy.
Today I headed over to Pt Elliot to see the quilt show, rather by mistake and the embroiderers guild show which I meant to see, I walked rather a long way as parking was at a premium, but they were both good, so a photo down the main street, as you can see a cooler and misty sort of day and a beautifully restored cottage in a back street that was built in (I think, I cant see the date!) 1858.
The vase of flowers, John brought them back from when he buried my dear old dog Jake yesterday, they are mistletoe flowers, both red and yellow, from a gum tree out behind the house, a fitting place for a good old dog to rest. I have missed him badly today, as he got older he couldnt jump the wall into the garden and always stood at the gate barking at me to let him through, and in the morning to be let out and at night to be fed.
Only two old pugs left to feed now.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Suztats said...

Sorry to read about your losing Jake. It's hard when a beloved pet leaves us.
Your pie looks delicious!

Hildred said...

What a nice post Penny,- thank you for the inspiration for pie and salad. I can relate to how you are feeling about losing your dear dog, - I still miss Caspar quite badly and think I see his shadow in his old haunts.

sweetypie said...

sorry to hear about your dog,sounds like hes resting in a nice spot thanks for the pie recipe