Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hearts and flowers


I did actually finish the little lace heart on Valentines day, it was fun to do but I probably should not have photographed it on the bedroom wall with the wallpaper dating back to the 60's!
The flower, well I am doing Dale Rollersons Holey Moley 2 online class and as a warm up she suggested we made these flowers, kusudama they are called but I am sure that some where I have made a mistake as the centers dont look right, and I needed 6 to make a flower not 5. I may have another go a bit later when its not so hot and I am thinking a bit straighter.
The flower is in with a tyvec one I made ages ago and in a vessel I made while doing my Playways classes with Dale.
I went nuts trying to find a decent description of how to make these and still made a mess of it.
I did finally more or less get how to do tubular herringbones stitch last night at beading. I dont know what is wrong with me, I am usually quite good at reading directions and working on them but not at the moment.
I knew that the minute it got hot and humid I would fall in a heap, I am trying not to but when my feet swell I find it diffcult to get much done.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Doreen G said...

Maybe it's our age Penny because I am having the same problems with my feet.
5 petals or 6 Penny it still looks great.

Wanda..... said...

The heat and humidity of summer are not friends of mine either, though I am looking forward to Spring! Your heart and flower are lovely, Penny.

ArtPropelled said...

Even in the heat whatever you make looks wonderful. I've come to a standstill. Its impossible to carve in this muggy weather. Roll on Autumn!

Alison said...

Hi Penny - you seem busy as always. How I envy your walks along the beach - I do miss them. My book is done - you can view it if you like at Blurb - through the link in the sidebar on my blog.