Thursday, December 02, 2010

Clematis and the old dog



There is a thunderstorm rumbling around out there, the peacocks are all calling and it is warm and tropical feeling.
My clematis is doing a wonderful job this year of climbing all over the old plum tree, if I could get on the roof and take photos it would be spectacular.
My dear old rescue dog Jake is getting older and frailer, here he is talking to me by the bedroom door.
I have been to the physio today and now feel rather tired, heavens I havent been into the big wide world since last Thursday.
She was pleased with me but keeps telling me to rest. There is so much to do out there.
We had a new foal the other day and I finally went down to see it this morning, a Section C cob, she is by one of our Welsh A stallions and from my Section D mare, a filly and looks very sweet.
The internet has been very slow today, not sure why but just in case the power goes off I am about to shut it down.
Hope the pre Christmas rush isnt getting to you.

7 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Our weather seems to be so similar. Lots of thunder storms rumbling here too. I can imagine how frustrated you must be not being able to rush around doing all you have to do at this time of the year. The pre Christmas rush always gets to me!
(Beautiful clematis!

Wanda..... said...

Wish my clematis were as strong and healthy...it dies back every winter and stays rather small.
Rest Penny! :)

Michael said...

sweden here, and we live in an ice-age! 20 below zero and a meter of snow with more comming!
puppies on the way and some have just left. miss the warmth! love Ingrid

Downunderdale said...

do you good to sit and relax Penny!

Julie said...

Congrats on your new filly! The clematis is beautiful, isn't it??? Nice shade of purple! You best do as the doctor tell you and REST!!! :)

Hildred said...

Your clematis is really lovely, - wish your knee was in as good shape Penny. Try to be patient and rest, - even this shall pass!

Joy said...

Your flowers/gardens are beautiful and so lush. Nice to see some greenery since in my area of the world, there is nothing but dead, brown things.