Thursday, October 29, 2009

A bit more Paris




I didnt think I really was fussed about seeing the Eiffel Tower but when it came to the crunch I was just as excited as every one else. We found a sort of ferry service that you paid about 12 euros and could get on and off wherever you wanted to, well not quite, it had dedicated stops so we got on at the Jardin du Plants and went the full circuit, we didnt get off, my feet were killing me but I still stood out the back gawking at every thing and here is my shot of it from the boat.
The next photo was of a poster on a wall that caught my eye I have no idea what it was all about but I took its photo, I hope it is not any thing politically incorrect but I just liked the composition.
Then the wonderful I think it was a bronze in the Musee d'Orsay, it was absolutely beautifully done and I fell for it.
Another bit of window shopping, sea food this time, fish and cockles and snails and things, window shopping became my pleasure, I couldnt afford to buy but photos are a free thing to remember stuff by.
Finally John and I on our last night in Paris, we ate well and now we are home according to John expensively. The idea of sharing a dessert we could not get across! So we had one very delicious and not good for my diabetic self each.
Very hot home here today, I had been in the garden early and came in with a red face and I am also covered in bites, the wretched little things that attack me are about and I will itch for days.
The house doesnt look much tidier but at least the walled garden doesnt have huge thistles rearing up amongst the plants and the little things that love to grow in the cracks in the paving have been eliminated. All the many pots needed a water and this is supposed to go on until Monday at the very least.
I like autumn best!
This is a bit of Geoffry Dutton's The Inland Sea
"But when the north wind blows
Your graces suddenly become precarious.
Dust reddens a white rose, and lightening throws
A dead tree over a fire break"

2 comments:

Wanda..... said...

I wonder if the memories of such a beautiful vacation make the garden work a little easier or harder. I would say easier except for th bites. Hope they are better June!

Smiles,
Wanda

Karen said...

Love the picture of the two of you as you both look so happy and relaxed.