Saturday, July 01, 2006

Cut work cards


I spent an interesting day with my mother trying to find a bit more about family history. I found these cards with no writing in them, in an album and she had no idea where they came from or whose they were but gave them to me. They have very intricate cut work designs in paper on them and sayings. I would imagine are probably Victorian or Ewardian, may be a bit later. But they were very interesting.
I have some research to do on my fathers family, John has lots done on his family and I feel I should know more than the hearsay about my fathers side. My mothers side is very hazy as no one really seems to know the truth of it all. (Several children, some marraiges and some not!)
I have gone into yesterdays adventures a bit more in my "boots and sketchbook" blog.

No comments: