Monday, February 27, 2006

Roses in a vase


I am not very good at doing detail, seems to me I like a more representational idea, probably because I am too scared of making a total muck of what I am doing. I had picked these roses and they were at the point of falling and looked lovely and blowsy.
Any way this was my attempt at doing something yesterday in between a farewell for our local MP and an introduction to the one hoping to take his place and trying to get another bit of textile stuff done. Would have been a lovely day for a walk.
The vase these roses were in is an old spill vase I picked up for $2 in a second hand shop a couple of years ago covered in orange paint, when the paint was cleaned off it was a rather lovely little thing. Treasures can still be found if you are lucky.

4 comments:

Lin said...

OH YEAH!!! These are WONDERFUL!!! Great color and a very intersting vase!! KEEP GOING, you're doing beautifully!

Unknown said...

I like the feel of the colors - of this vase. I like the sketch you did down by the river too! And, the necklace....and, well, thanks for showing us your "bits & bobs". I liked your recent comment on the EDM list!

marieJ' said...

Ohhh, they are just superb....
No finer detail needed....and the hearts on felt are yummy.
If you going to zap them with the heat gun let us see what happens

Anonymous said...

Roses have never looked so lovely. The colours are delightful Penny. Don't be worried about details Penny, you have captured something much more personal and lasting. Love, love, love your flowers in vases!