Saturday, October 10, 2020

This and that

I have not felt much like doing anything. My back has been aching badly and walking and doing anything has been a chore. So a few photos of the garden and a few "odd bods" I hav been playing with. We have managed a few short walks but I come home an arthritic, aching mess. The weather has been very changeable, wet and cold, windy and cold, a warm pleasant day and back to cold and wet. Is it any wonder I feel a bit off. I have done a few bits on the on line course I am doing g with Lorna crane but my paints and table are under cover by the back door and it has been so cold and horrid I only go out when the weather is nice. I wonder ithat is what turning 81 does for one.

4 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I am 88 in a fortnight - cold weather catches me and energy is lacking somedays - but keep going - the alternative is worse.

Ellen D. said...

I just turned 70 and it is hard to get motivated! I am blaming the circumstances of COVID and politics but really I just have to give myself a kick in the butt and get started! Thanks for reminding me of that!

Hildred said...

So far we have had a beautiful warm autumn, very reminiscent of summer and inclined to make you feel happy and comfortable, but at 95 I am not really looking forward to November, when the weather is usually quite miserable. However when it gets that way I am happy at the loom, making cloth and ignoring cold winds and cloudy skies. I stay inside and my family shops for me at the grocery store, which I appreciate so much!!!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Sadly the weather has quite an impact on arthritic ability to move. Every day my finger knuckles get more knarly too. I'll be 69 this week. Another birthday, much better than not having one at all.
xx, Carol