Thursday, February 23, 2017

Bit of this and that

I made a fabric ball for Lachlan and dropped it in this morning, had a cuddle and then we walked, got a little damp from the drizzle, a few things from around the garden, a blue agapanthus, a belladonna lily, a lovely day lily, bright orange and deep red gorgeous, our walk, a wattle by the track that is out and was perfuming the air around, the Bluff in the distance with low wet clouds. After all that horrible wind yesterday it was lovely to have a still day and not much but a little drizzle to dampen things up.

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Day Lily are my favorite garden flower. I try to add one to my collection each year. About 20 years ago Terry drove me out in the country and found a ditch full of orange ones. I went to the door of the house next to it and asked if I could take a start. That was the START of a wonderful relationship with the bell shaped flowers. I'm partial to that shape. As I think about the flowers that bloomed last year, almost every one is bell shaped. Perhaps that's part of the reason I enjoy so many Hummingbirds each year. Thanks for sharing pics of your garden. I am patiently awaiting Spring in Northern Indiana USA.
xx, CArol