Monday, May 09, 2016

WEt wild and windy

It was a bit slow coming but finally the deep low down south started to influence the weather. From my bedroom window before it got really wild. Then we went into Victor to get mail and papers and it got much wetter and really blowing, it has got worse for most of the day but has finally started to slow down a bit. Every time John went out to measure the rain he got wet. We havent had a gale like this for a while and I am just glad that nothing large fell on the roof although there was a continuous hail of small hard objects from the liquidamber. I sat and did a bit of hand sewing, a small quilt for a swap that I now see is not the quite the size stipulated. Damn. I thought I was being so careful too and my arthritic hands dont like the fact that I may have to pull it apart again. double damn. I have a roast of pork on for dinner and I have just made up some red cabbage to go with it. A good night for a roast.

4 comments:

Suztats said...

Looks like quite a blow. A good day to stay inside and stitch.

Penny said...

Wow!!! It seems to have come all at once, after all your waiting. Sort of hard to stitch carefully with a wild wind blowing outside.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I hope the roast was good :) I love those photos!

Barry said...

Hi P - so good to see you getting some good rain even if accompanied by wind. The pork sounds a treat. Go well. B