Thursday, January 07, 2016

Morning walks

It has been rather cooler with a south easter blowing and so we have been back to our normal beach walks, not so many dogs and children either. We have tended to go in early as well. the beach and the sky changes every day. a lot of kelp has been washed ashore this morning and there were two young Pacific Gulls wanting us to pass quickly as they had a dead part of an octopus they were hoping to eat. I have been a little lax with posting to this blog, I seem to be rather drained by the hot weather and then this cooler weather coming in. Also some discussion about why blog, to me it is far more satisfying than face book, once up hard to find again and I dont follow the other things like twitter (stupid) or instagramme ( takes up too much of my time) i prefer this little insights into peoples lives that blogger can give. Also the older I get, the more I find that friendship important. I really need to get into trying to move some of the dust in this house before the next burst of hot weather (due over the week end ) arrives. Hope all my friends are safe, floods, droughts and fires seem to be the go at the moment.

3 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I do so agree about blogging Penny. Having friends all over the world, some of whom I have met and all of whom really seem like friends anyway, brightens up my life no end. Also I like to write something almost every day and it does keep my mind active to have to think of something to write about.
The weather is awful here - raining day after day, flooding everywhere and really it hardly gets light during the day.

Robin Mac said...

Lovely photos I agree with you that blogging is much easier than Facebook, though I don't seem to have much to say these days! I love reading your blog, and a few others. I find I am only following about half a dozen blogs now, somehow the days seem to vanish before I have started.
Horribly hot weather here, I haven't been walking for over a week. Cheers.

Penny said...

I love the connections that my blog and blogging have brought to me. My family loves Facebook but that's not really 'visiting' - just a sentence or two. I agree with the comment that blogging keeps my mind active. There is always a little corner of my mind thinking "what will I blog about tomorrow" or "that would make a good blog". I think I pay more attention to what is going on in my little corner of the world and sharing that with friends (and having them share with me) is heavenly.