Thursday, September 10, 2015

A abit of this and that.

A mad parrot I made from a Jill Maas pattern, he was fun to make, nestled in some orchid leaves. Our walk this morning, a cool breeze but after days of drizzle the sun was out, so nice to feel a bit of sun on ones face. A bit of hand stitching I did using left over cloth from my Gisella Warburton class, so nice to do these bits of hand stitch although with George it is not so easy to do, as he is often sitting on my lap and batting things with teeth and claws. He has settled in well but is almost impossible to photograph as he is a busy little boy. Very sweet and learning how this house works. So far on the whole I have managed to keep him in the sitting and kitchen area and out of dangerous places like sewing rooms, but for how long? I am also walking around the mares in the late afternoon, ok until they put the cows out where I walk and then it became rather a mine field of cow pats and slippery mud. Max has been enjoying it though. Sarah and our Rivington ponies had a wonderful Royal Show, we only had one pony there but there were a heap of our breeding that other people either own or have on lease and it was a great thrill to see that our prefix won all the height classes for the small show hunter pony classes and go on to be Champion and Reserve. This has been the main aim of all our years of breeding Welsh ponies. I will try and get a photo from the Rivington Stud website if I can, but I am not terribly good at doing that so we will see.

4 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

You sound to have had a very pleasant few days - memories to call upon when the weather takes on a different aspect.

Penny said...

I can just imagine George - in a few months - cuddling up amongst left over fabric in your studio. Such a nice little friend to have around.

Jo Murray said...

That parrot is so much fun! Sounds like George is adjusting well.

Barry said...

Hi P - such great imagery in your words - I can imagine myself walking amidst the cow pats etc. Spring is such a promising but unstable time - still we just need to go with it. Stay well. B