Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Red sail in the morning

double click on the red sail and you should see it better. I have been pretty busy but yesterdays walk threw this lovely scene at us, possibly heading for Kangaroo Island. This morning we were on the beach again (yesterday was the cliff walk and beach fast Petrels.) My business has been pretty mundane, house cleaning and finding that a lot of things make my shoulder hurt and I need to get it to calm down. Made a nice shepherds pie for dinner tonight, I had bought a special of mince for Oscar and there was far too much for him so it had to be made into something. This one was nice and spicy (added a chilli) and with lots of flavor. I havent been cooking much, we have been tending to have easy stuff like grills and cold meat and salad. By four o'clock I dont want to know or think about cooking anything that I have to think about. A relatively cool day so I didnt mind having the oven on for a little while.Er have had quite a lot of Pacific gulls around, once upon a time they were a rarity, I am not quite sure I like them as they are bullies but very handsome. The tides have been low and the skies have been full of interesting clouds. Warming up for the next few days but still no rain.

5 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

That red sail photograph is beautiful Penny.
Your shepherd's pie sounds pretty beautiful too!
I am sure that the weather makes you feel lethargic - the opposite of here, where you have to keep moving to keep warm.

Hildred said...

Red Sails in the Sunset was always a favority song, - it's lovely to see the real thing!

I like the idea of chili in your Shepherd's Pie!

Robin Mac said...

I hope you can calm your shoulder down soon Penny, how much longer till your surgery?
Cool and breezy here today, but we are north of the cyclone so no rain and probably hot and steamy weather tomorrow as it moves further south.

Penny said...

Lovely red sail -- I don't believe I've ever seen one although I've heard the song. I am trapped with ice and haven't been out of the house for days. Packages to mail, food to buy -- hopefully today!

Suztats said...

Freedom in the red sail flowing along, and the gull dancing on the beach. Lovely. We are still having cold and snow........