Saturday, January 17, 2015

Fun wirh felt

I have been playing with little brooches using some rather nice wool felt. Something quick to do and using up some of my beads as well. We have had some quite interesting clouds on some of our walks lately, the first was taken this morning and the second a couple of days ago we have some a few different walks this morning along the beach at Hayborough and the other around Pt Elliot on the walk down from the steps. We also went to the market this morning and then on to see the Rotary Art Show, this is an annual event and is always interesting to see. Nothing really said buy me, which was just as well but there were some awful and some lovely very well done paintings, always the way and what I think are awful may just be what some one else loves. All in the eye of the beholder. Just as well I have been trying to get together my stuff early for the workshops I am going to next week, it is tiring and of course what I knew I had to take took ages to track down. I think I now need to weed out some of the stuff so I dont fill the entire car with 'stuff'!! Considering that my knee for some unknown reason played up last night and I probably only had about 2 hours sleep I am surviving quite well.

2 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I think that anyone who has ever done any 'handwork' in the broadest sense of the word, is burdened with 'stuff' which they feel might come in useful. Getting rid of it is very hard.

Barry said...

Hi P - always good to refresh the soul with a little bit of creativity. I know what you mean about the variability of art at markets. Sorry to hear about the knee; but hope it holds up for the workshop. Go well. B