Saturday, December 06, 2014

a busy week

We went up to Adelaide for the night on Wednesday and my friend P and I went to look at a few art galleries and this photo was taken at what was the old Glenside Mental Hospital, now being re developed (!) by the government. This photo shows what is now the central school of arts gallery building and I think but I could well be wrong part of the building being used as film studios. Coming home we called into McLaren Vale for some wine and I took this shot of the vines growing fantastically as we drove home. I am not sure how well you can see the cushions I have made, double click and they may enlarge, I have made six and am not doing any more, I have also made 2 bags for Mason and Millie, same trees on the front, different background material I am not showing those as they are full of 'stuff'! I have also made a heap of Christmas themed flowers on tags to add to presents. I think I have finished sewing and I dont really want to make any more but I suppose I could get bored and head off into some more. I need to get my head around going to Kangaroo Island on Friday and what I need to take. I am doing two of Carla Sonheim's on line classes, Junk mail books which I have done before and I would like to play with again and Blogimal books which I havent done before and look like fun. I hope to play with those while I am away so need to get all my supplies together. We have a very sick foal at the moment, not sure what the outcome will be but he is blind but at least is now able to find his mother and drink from her and eating her food as well, they are stabled. He has had some head trauma which may or maynot come good, we think he may have been frightened in the thunderstorm we had a few nights ago and run into either a tree or a post. Thank goodness oldest grand daughter Fenella has just completed her vet course and is now Doctor Fenella B..... as her mother is away and she is doing a great job looking after him.I am so proud of her. I am really getting too old for all of this and my shoulder wont let me do the physical stuff any more.Cool and damp and windy at the moment, better than the heat and humidity we have been having. It was really great to go to Adelaide and see some of the lovely stuff in the galleries we visited, P is good value when it comes to carting me around when I am in town these days.

2 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I love those cushions - they would look lovely on any Christmas sofa.

Poor little foal - I do hope it recovers.

Julie said...

Congrats to your granddaughter!!!!! Excellent! Love your cushions and pretty flowers to tie on packages! Hope you enjoy your classes. They should very fun!!!!! Show us pictures, OK?????
Love, Julie