Monday, September 20, 2010

TAST 28/29 beetles and the Botanic Gardens



Here is my very small rendering of my TAST for weeks 28 and 29. they are variations on raised chain stitch.
I didnt do them in good colours for the scanner and the first one is so small even I have trouble seeing it! Quite an interesting stitch and I am glad to know how to do it.
Then my beetles, or some of them, without legs. I am not sure if I am going to put legs on them or not, maybe just a pin back. I will see how I feel about that later on when I have some spare time.
I really like them as they are.
Nest the Botanic Gardens again, the first one is of all the activities that go on there, a bride in the background and in the foreground I am not sure except it was something to do with Alice in Wonderland.
I always rather like this statue in about the center of the gardens, and then I spied this couple walking ahead of me, so "old" Adelaide, so almost 1940's when I remember my parents wearing clothes like this. Should John and I? We were in jeans and jumpers! oh and comfortable sneakers and shoes.
Still mizzling with rain and cold, but the birds are all making nests, or sitting on them, and at the end of next week they are promising 21 degrees C!! We will need sunglasses and bathers. Better than the 10 degrees when I went in for my physio appointment this morning.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Dear Penny; I love your Beatles, are you interested in making more to sell? I would really like to have them in my gallery? I think they are great, unique and original. What are your thoughts?
Caroline

Wanda..... said...

Penny...your beetles turned out better than I could ever have imagined. They are perfect little Jewels...honest! You should make more...people couldn't possibly resist them!